Sample Breakfast Menu
- Freshly squeezed fruit juice
- Homemade fruit smoothie
- Fairtrade, freshly ground coffee and a selection of fairtrade loose leaf tea
- Natural yoghurt, a selection of cereals including our own muesli blend, and homemade fruit compote
- Pinhead oatmeal porridge made with cream and Lanercost honey
- Toasted homemade bread served with homemade jams and marmalade and local honey
- Cumbrian cooked breakfast: meats, from Colin Moore in Brampton are all from local farms; dry cured smoked back bacon, Cumbrian sausage, black pudding, grilled tomatoes, field mushrooms, and eggs from our own rare-breed free range hens
- Kippers – locally sourced from Craster on the Northumbrian Coast
- Pancakes served with maple syrup and fruit or crispy streaky dry cured bacon by Colin Moore and from local farms.
Sample Supper Menu
- Egg nest with wild garlic pesto and brioche toast
- Oxtail pudding with spiced red cabbage, broad beans and peas and a red wine jus
- Creme brulee with Raspberries and an almond crunch
- We are fully licensed and stock Real Brampton ale, a carefully chosen selection of wines and soft drinks from our cellar.
If you wish to join us for supper please let me know, in advance along with a list of any allergies and foods you don’t like, so that I can take this into account as I cook. I am happy to cook for guests with allergies and special dietary requirements, preferably given notice.
Everything is cooked to order, so if you have any dietary requirements or preferences we will do our utmost to accommodate them.
Bob grows much of the fresh herbs, vegetables and soft fruit in raised boxes. As our garden is on the Old Fish Ponds of the Priory digging is not an option. Eggs from Bob’s rare breed chickens.
Christina makes all breads,cakes, biscuits, marmalades, jams, ice creams, sorbets, suppers.
- Colin Moore of Brampton; own dry cured bacon, sausages, black pudding, meat. true quality all from very local farms.
- L Robson and Son of Craster, Northumberland; kippers, smoked haddock. Fantastic overnight service fresh from the smokehouse.
- Carrs of Silloth, Cumbria; own ground specialty flours, fresh yeast.
- Pioneer Foods of Carlisle; fresh foods, butter, cream and milk, goose fat, mature Cumbrian Cheddar in the cloth and household supplies
Even more suppliers
- Mathew Algie, Glasgow; fair-trade specialty tea leaves, fresh coffee beans and chocolate abyss.
- The Brampton Brewery; real ale on tap in our cellar.
- Fentimans of Hexham; soft drinks in our cellar.
- Enotria winecellars; Planetta virgin olive oil.
- Blind Craft, Inverness; Beds, lots of great comments on us on tripadviser lots of comments saying how big and comfortable they are.
- O2; Phone, Mobile and Broadband with extender so the whole building has great wireless connectivity. Please note we offer Priority Moments, bookable on O2 accounts only.
- Breahead Foods; speciality foods and cocoa barry chocolate.
- Nadin Dunnigan Photography Ltd and Website Design Falkirk.