House Party Weekend
Weekend House Party for a group using 3 or 4 rooms; to include two nights bed and breakfast, supper, afternoon tea and dinner (this can’t be combiner with any other
Friday; arrive to a simple supper, maybe walk to the Cricket Club for a pint or two of real ale.
Saturday; up for breakfast or brunch then a lazy day by the fire or out and about to walk the Wall or along the river bank then maybe off to the pub for lunch. Back for tea with crumpets or cake by the log fire then a dinner party on Saturday night.
Sunday; breakfast and enjoy the day. Stay an extra night for £20.00 per person.
Eat at the B&B
We can provide walkers’ picnic lunches and evening meals by prior arrangement (prepared by Christina, a former two-rosette chef). Evening meals could be a light supper of a feast for a special occasion.
Please enquire about murder mystery dinners. Bob has written a number of successful murder mystery events, and can tailor one to your party’s needs. Well received and so far all parties have booked again.
Places to Eat, Drink and Enjoy
The Lanercost tea rooms serve lunch and afternoon tea daily, and also have the Hadrian’s Wall center and a gift shop.
Lanercost Priory has a great gift stall and if you are looking for a book to read see the excellent selection of used books for sale.
Lanercost Priory Ruins are open daily from 10 am to 6 pm from Easter to October then at weekends until 4 pm during the winter months.
Birdoswald Fort, four miles east along the Wall, offer locally made refreshments in the tearoom. Fresh soups, sandwiches, cakes and hot/cold drinks
The nearest pubs are in Brampton, which is a pretty two-mile cross country walk from Lanercost, and there are lots of great pubs and restaurants within a short drive or taxi-ride. See the black book in our guests sittingroom for menus. The Lanercost cricket club with real ale on tap, just 200 meters walk, is the perfect place for a Friday night pint.
Brambles Bistro in Brampton offers fresh light snacks, bistro style food and a warm welcome.
Activities and Attractions
Within a short walk:
- Lanercost Priory, a 12th century Augustine Monastery with a rich and turbulent history (English Heritage site) open at weekends throughout the winter months then daily from Easter. The Abbey is open daily throughout the year. Run by fantastic, friendly well versed team.
- Hadrian’s Wall, built by the Romans in AD122. The site of the Wall runs just 400 metres from Lanercost and the closest section of surviving wall (“Banks Turret”) is a one-mile walk from the house.
- Lanercost Cricket Club is just a two minute walk from the house – enjoy real ale on tap in the clubhouse.
- There is a wealth of lovely walks in the area. See the white book in our guests sittingroom for local walks.
- Need a book to read; The Priory Bookshelf has a great range of well chosen good quality used books for sale.